The greatest resource you can use to start and strengthen your walk with God is the Bible. While christian magazines, Christ-centric books and songs, bible commentaries, and other study aids have value, none of them will ever impact your spirit like the Word of God. Bible reading is more than a pleasant pastime. It can become a daily habit that will change your life!
God’s Word holds out the promise of rich benefits for those who spend time reading it and
taking its truths to heart. Here are just seven of the many ways your life can be better as you
make the Bible your daily reading companion. All seven come from Psalm 119 — a magnificent
song of praise for God’s Word.
1. Following the Bible’s teachings will keep you from sin. “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you” (verse 11).
2. Trusting in what the Bible contains will lift your burdens. “My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word” (verse 28).
3. Accepting and applying biblical principles will result in a life guided by the highest truths and blessed with the greatest blessings. “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path” (verse 105).
4. Unspeakable joy will be your experience as you apply biblical truths to your life. “Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart” (verse 111).
5. The Bible will lead you to wisdom. “The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple” (verse 130).
6. The Bible will give you peace. “Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing
can make them stumble” (verse 165).
7. The Bible will bring you back to God. “I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your
servant, for I have not forgotten your commands” (verse 176).
Click here for a Bible Reading App especially designed for Children, by YouVersion.
Below are a list of additional resources that have been provided to share important information for all who want to deepen their walk with God. This list is by no means complete, but it provides a nice starting place. Enjoy and God bless you as you grow in your faith through reading and studying the word of God!
The Spiritual Gifts Inventory is a discovery tool that provides you with a personalized analysis. Not a test, but a simple questionnaire giving you a profile of your God given spiritual gifts. Discovering and exercising your God-given spiritual gifts allows you to experience maximum fulfillment with minimum frustration in your Christian life and ministry.
The Plan of salvation provides biblically sound information that clarifies the requirements to become a spirit filled child of God.
Here are some tips to encourage you in your to make daily Bible reading a part of your life. You will be blessed as you read God’s word daily.
The Blue Letter Bible’s mission is to facilitate an in-depth study of God’s Word through an online interactive reference library (i.e. free Bible study tools). We view the Bible as central to our study resources, and intentionally designed the website to include study tools that are linked directly to Bible passages.
The Bible Gateway is a tool for reading and researching scripture online all in the language or translation of your choice! It provides advanced searching capabilities, which allow readers to find and compare particular passages in scripture based on keywords, phrases, or scripture reference.
My Utmost for His Highest is a classic of devotional literature. One of the most enduring bestsellers of our time, these devotionals have touched the lives of millions.
Throughout the day, in countless locations and in dozens of countries around the world, Our Daily Bread is read by millions of people. And for every person who opens its pages, one thing is always true: It points to the joy of a relationship with Jesus Christ and the timeless wisdom found in God’s holy Word.
Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth by C. I. Scofield, first published in 1896, is a monumental work that explains the important divisions in scripture.
VERSE OF THE DAY: